De Visser was founded as Installation Company C. de Visser BV, by Mr. Cor de Visser.
In 1954, C. de Visser installed the first LPG installation in the Netherlands. These first LPG installations were built by C. de Visser on behalf of Bessel & Kok.
In 1981, the brother Hugo and Victor de Visser founded LPG Installations De Visser BV and took over the complete staff of Installation Company C. de Visser BV (8 mechanics, 1 administrator).
This expansion in activities could be noticed on all fronts:
– Design of specific appendages and liquid gas systems.
– Design, construction and maintenance of LPG installations on petrol stations;
– Design, construction and major maintenance of LPG storage depots;
– Design, construction and major maintenance of LPG industrial installations;
– Repairs and maintenance to/of LPG installations;
– Design, construction and maintenance of transportation means.
Meanwhile, the third generation – Joost de Visser – follows his grandfather’s footsteps and broadens De Visser’s field of expertise on a technical level: e.g. cryogenic installations (LNG, nitrogen, carbon dioxide etc.) as well as areas of distribution. Since 2015, the company carries on its business under the names De Visser Netherlands BV, De Visser Belgium BVBA and De Visser Trading BV.